• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a valid TX drivers license
• Have a high school diploma
• Have reliable transportation
• Have current auto insurance
• Be willing to provide information
for a background check
• Meet all training requirements
• Be willing to abide by
policies and procedures of HFT
HFT foster families must complete annual training.
This training includes CPR/First Aid, Restraint and
Psychotropic Meds, Behavior Modification, and
other Therapeutic trainings. HFT provides classes
that are available to help you meet the special needs
of your children.
HFT publishes a training calendar of classes and
locations across Texas outlining the courses available
in your area. All classes are taught by or sponsored
by HFT and HFT staff.
Adoptive families generally follow the same
training as foster families with the addition of
PRIDE training. PRIDE training is also offered
by HFT staff .